Possibly the nicest tiramisu I’ve ever eaten! So so simple to make, and anyone who tastes it will want the recipe!
250ml double cream
250ml single cream
250g tub mascarpone
150ml marsala/Baileys/Captain Morgans (CM is divine in it!)
5 tbsp golden caster sugar
300ml strong coffee, whatever your preference or made with 2 tbsp coffee granules and 300ml boiling water
175g pack lady fingers (sponge fingers) you might need another pack depending on your dish
- Put the cream, mascarpone, liquor, and sugar in a large bowl. Whisk until they have the consistency of thickly whipped cream.
- Put the coffee into a shallow dish and dip in a few sponge fingers at a time, turning until they are nicely soaked, but not soggy. Lay these into your dish until you have used half the biscuits.
- Spread over half of the creamy mixture.
- Grate over a layer of the chocolate.
- Repeat the layers (I drizzle over the leftover coffee slowly so it soaks into the ladyfingers, you could so this on first later too. Basically, use up all the coffee), finishing with the creamy layer.
- Grate over more dark chocolate, covering the cream.
- Chill for a few hrs or overnight. This can now be kept in the fridge for up to 2 days, if it lasts!!!