4oz margarine/butter, softened
6oz soft brown sugar
2 bananas (riper the better)
8oz self-raising flour (or 8oz plain flour and 2 tsp baking powder)
2oz chopped walnuts (optional)
2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4/175°C/350°F.
- Cream the marg/butter and sugar well.
- Mash the bananas and add to the butter & sugar (or do as I do, and just throw the bananas into the mixer and let the beater blade do the mashing).
- Add in the eggs, milk and flour, mixing till combined fully.
- Pour into a greased & lined loaf tin and bake for 1 hour.
- Leave to cool if you can resist the smells – it slices better cold, but it’s amazing warm lol. Enjoy!