It’s the simple things, and this is as simple as they come!
6oz Extra Coarse Wholemeal Flour
2oz Cream Flour
1oz Pinhead Oatmeal
1tsp Bread Soda
1 tsp Sugar
1/2 pint Buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 185C/370F/Gas 5.
- Grease and line bottom of 2lb loaf tin.
- Weigh out all the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Beat the egg and buttermilk and add to dry ingredients.
- Mix until combined, it’ll be a sloppy mix.
- Pour into tin and bake in oven for 45-50 minutes.
- Wrap in clean tea-towel until cool.