- I need a design wall!
- I need ready access to my sewing machine, or I feel sad!
- Not seeing my fabric stash on a daily basis makes me antsy 😉
- I don’t make enough time for myself to do the things I love (sewing, blogging, designing)!
- It currently feels like there are more quilts I want to make, than time to make them!
- No matter what you do, someone will always create stress for you!
- I’m good at my job
- Regardless of what I do, I can’t escape doodling, or being creative.
What have you learned lately?
It’s the simple things, and this is as simple as they come!
6oz Extra Coarse Wholemeal Flour
2oz Cream Flour
1oz Pinhead Oatmeal
1tsp Bread Soda
1 tsp Sugar
1/2 pint Buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 185C/370F/Gas 5.
- Grease and line bottom of 2lb loaf tin.
- Weigh out all the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Beat the egg and buttermilk and add to dry ingredients.
- Mix until combined, it’ll be a sloppy mix.
- Pour into tin and bake in oven for 45-50 minutes.
- Wrap in clean tea-towel until cool.
That’s the question I’ve been considering lately. I considered moving my blog to a hosted system, so that it’d be free in terms of cost 😳 However, I have decided that I prefer the control I have, technically, over this self-hosted one, so I’ll take the financial hit for the address, and stick with this! It’s not much really, in the scheme of things, although, it’d pay for a nice bit of fabric 😆
Speaking of fabric, I’ve made a few purchases recently, but I’ll post more once I have the beauties in my mits!
I’ve also, finally, started quilting the kingsize quilt, the overdue Christmas present for my parents… So far I’ve done some straight-line quilting on the sashing, and chevron style on the blocks. I might do free-motion on the side borders, but I’ll see… I am really a ‘decide as I go’ sort when it comes to quilting!
I did whip up a lap quilt for a little friend of Jacks last week. Ruby was turning 6, and I decided she was the perfect recipient of some lovely Cath Kidson fabric I had in my stash. Cue a hectic hour of stitching, piecing, sandwiching, and quilting! It turned out lovely, and I think I may have brought about a redecoration project on her parents because of it… Whoopsie!
The next fortnight will be a bit crazy with two little boy’s birthdays and their parties… Cakes and stuff to follow I suppose 😉
Till next time!
That’s me 😳
My weeks before Christmas were hectic, and then I ended up really sick, so all crafting plans were out the window 🙁
I’m still catching up, my parents present is nearly finished, and it looks fab, if I may say so myself! It’s a king-size quilt, ready for quilting now!
Life wise, all is good, work is great, so happy happy!
Healthy buzz is well under-way too, and going very successfully! 2013 is MY year 😆
Here’s to being a better blogger 😉