Huge fans of granola in this house, this recipe is from my friend Sinead, and is very delicious and very adaptable.
2 tablespoons vegetable oil (I use Donegal Rapeseed Oil, and 1 tablespoon works if you want to reduce this)
125ml Maple Syrup
2 tbsp Honey (I’ve used Golden Syrup when short of Honey, it’s not as nice, but works.)
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
250g of whatever nuts and seeds you like (I use sunflower seeds, milled flaxseed (aka linseed), walnuts, almonds and pecans – all whole nuts, but you could use chopped)
100g dried fruit (if you fancy, I don’t usually add these)
50g dessicated Coconut (I’m yet to add this, simply as I’ve none in the house, but feel free to add or omit!)
- Preheat oven to 160°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3.
- Mix everything together, except coconut and dried fruit, if using.
- Spread over two baking trays.
- Roast for 20 minutes.
- Add coconut and dried fruit, and roast for another 10 minutes.
- Cool and store in airtight container.
I have also cooked this in my Tefal Actifry for 15-20 minutes and it comes out great as well.